What do I use?
The following is a list of the tools that I use on a daily basis. This page was inspired by Wes Bros. See more pages like this here
For more details about my dotfiles click here.
🐧 OS + Hardware
- I am currently using Arch Linux
- I use the Gnome DE
- I use two 🖥️ 32" 4k monitors
- I use a ⌨️ Keychron Q3 with brown switches and Logitech G502 🖱️
- I use the 🐱 catppuccin theme for EVEYTHING!!!!
- I use the font 🖼️ MonoLisa
- I use the alacritty terminal with Starship prompt
- I use fish 🐟 shell as my shell
- I also use tmux with the t-smart-tmux-session manager plugin
- I use 🦊 Firefox as my main browser
- I use 🦆 Mullvad as my VPN
- I use 🔒 Bitwarden as my password manager (is FOSS)
My Backup strategy is as follows:
- I backup my entire computer (except home directory) locally using TimeShift
- I backup my home directory remotely to BackBlaze using Restic
🧰 CLI Tools
- exa: ls replacement, used with exa aliases
- fzf: Really nice fuzzy search tool
- tldr: Simplified man pages
- bat: A better version of
- zoxide: A great tool for jumping between multiple directories.
Some website I use on the regular include:
- whoogle: Google frontend without ads, tracking etc
- Invidious: Open source youtube front-end
- teddit: Open source reddit front-end
- Goatcounter: Website analytics tools, without tracking